[NFBMT] Action Requested

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 23:25:46 UTC 2019

Done!
So easy!
Come on everyone, join in.

Here is my post, made this afternoon on the link that President Jim Marks
has provided.
Rik James

I wish to ask you members of the Montana legislature, as you are working so
hard to make these many challenging budget decisions, to consider the
funding that is needed for the vital training and rehabilitation services,
within the Blind and Low Vision component. These counselors and training
persons provide and perform an absolutely vital role. They are specialized,
meaning that the knowledge needed for the blind and vision impaired cannot
be lumped in with other disability providers, and still get the job done
adequately. The special technology is more expensive as they are not market
competetive. Even more importantly, the skills required to increase
successful employment and a quality life, can be best achieved when the
agencies have the qualified staff and the budget to serve the Montanans who
require it. Our organization, the National Federation of the Blind of
Montana, knows these things. We believe, that funding Blind & Low Vision is
essential, and ask that you restore the funding that was taken away during
the last legislative session. Our members statewide all agree, and hope that
you will do it. Respectfully, Rik James, President, Treasure State Chapter,
The National Federation of the Blind of Montana.