[NFBMT] Service Animal Protection Bill Tabled

Jim Marks blind.grizzly at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 14:10:17 UTC 2019

It is so frustrating to seek protections for our guide dogs only to be
rejected because some legislators are obsessed with the definition of
service animals.  It's incontrovertible evidence the zeal to criminalize
fake service animal fraud hurts us.  Also, it's very clear that most
legislators favor the rights of shop keepers over people with disabilities.
We stood there and told them how we feel, yet they ignored us and pushed an
irrelevant discussion in order to deny our request.  On the other hand, it
takes time for legislators to understand an issue.  The fake service animal
bill has been introduced in previous sessions.  Our service animal
protection bill enjoyed its first consideration this current session.  We
will try again.  We will get the protections we seek in a future session.
The NFB-MT is persistent and relentless, and no one can speak for us or take
away our voice.

Jim Marks
Blind.grizzly at gmail.com