[NFBMT] HB 439 Misrepresentation of Service animal

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 01:47:17 UTC 2019

I meant to say Wednesday, March 27.

From: BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER <breslauerj at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2019 6:02 AM
To: nfbmt <nfbmt at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Bruce Breslauer, Pres <breslauerj at gmail.com>
Subject: HB 439 Misrepresentation of Service animal

Unbeknownst to me, there was a hearing yesterday, March 26, on HB 439, before
the House Appropriations Committee in room 102,about an hour before the Guide
Dog bill was being debated before the House Judiciary Committee in Room 137.
There were no proponents or opponents present.  There were some wording
changes, and an amendment or amendments will need to be drafted and adopted
before the bill can go forward.  Sorry I found out about this afterwards.
They determined that a full time employee was not needed to implement this
bill, so they had to revise the fiscal note and have that printed and signed.
That was done on March 27.  A fiscal note is an educated estimate of how much
it will cost to implement a bill.  Since they wouldn't need to hire a full
time employee, the cost changed.  The bill as amended passed out of the
Appropriations Committee on Thursday, March 27.

If you would like to leave a message for a legislator, you can call
406-444-4800 and operators will take a message that will be forwarded to
legislators.

Please be aware that they will ask for your name and address, which will not
be shared other than with the legislator. The operators can take a message

for up to 5 legislators at one time or to an entire committee.

You may also contact legislators using the

online web message form.

I also sent this form to the House Judiciary Committee to let them know how
disappointed I am that HB 659 was tabled.

Joy Breslauer, First Vice President