[NFBMT] Convention question

president at nfbofmt.org president at nfbofmt.org
Tue Oct 22 15:07:26 UTC 2019

Missoula County is sticking with the AutoMark machines for now, but they
tried working with us to get the voting machine vender to come to our
Convention and display the machine Montana is adopting.  The vender canceled
at the last minute, so we did not have one of the machines at our
Convention.  Part of the dynamic is that the County Clerks and Recorders
resisted the Secretary of State's push to adopt the new voting technology
before the 2020 General Election.  The Clerks and Recorders feel adopting
the new technology could damage the integrity of the 2020 elections, and the
Secretary of State withdrew implementation until after 2021.  So, we are
going to be using the AutoMark voting machines for a while yet.  Going a bit
deeper into the weeds, the new voting technology goes beyond the voting
machines and includes the new technology for counting ballots.  I don't
think anyone questions the actual voting machines, but rather they were
focused on the new technology for counting votes.

Jim Marks
President
president at nfbofmt.org
www.nfbofmt.org