[NFBMT] Country Music - the PBS film documentary by Ken Burns - audio description

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 18:27:34 UTC 2019

Hey folks,
Only 2 more episodes remaining on this 8 nights of wonderful storytelling in
the documentary Country Music by Ken Burns and Dayton something.

I have seen numerous discussions in the blindness community, people wishing
to find the audio described version. It is true, so often there are these
little comments made by a lot of partipants, and some of them major stars or
music historians, and I want to know who they are.
We have been watching on Montana PBS. If there is audio description, I am
not with information of how to access it.

One post I read had a piece of information, perhaps someone can use. I paste
it below.
Thanks.
Rik

(snip.) "...  We did install the pbs video app  on our se phones and our
ipad with being able to enjoy hearing the audio description, which was
really great.It was really great being able to hear who was talking and
about the pictures that were shown. We recorded all 8 parts of the
documentary from the ipad with being able to record it with the audio
description. There's something I forgot to mention the other day, with the
pbs channel by way of antena, and our pbs chahnnel through cox cable, the
channel didn't have the audio description, but with the app it did. We don't
have amazon prime, but I was just curious since you mentioned you were going
to check to see if it was... " (snip.)