[NFBMT] opening up our state

rixmix2009 at gmail.com rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 20:09:29 UTC 2020

Nicely said, Mr. President.

We watched the special on Montana PBS last night.
I wonder if anyone else did?
I think it was called "Answering Questions on the Coronavirus."
They mentioned a website:  MontanaPBS.org/covid

There was a panel, among them some who serve on the Governor Bullock task force on the virus.
It is a safer more balanced, and well-reasoned and gradual approach, certainly than the wild ones like Georgia and Florida.
The panel members pretty much stated the up sides and the possible down sides of the soon to be enacted gradual re-opening in Montana.
And how it will be imperative to watch closely and modify the policy and guidelines when needed.

I can't be quite as positive as Jim, about how people are going to get stronger on the empathy. I hope so. And I like to think so. But the loud ones, and the powerful and wealthy ones, I am aware and believe that some of them are steadfast and going to do a lot more harm. And the ones pushing this re-open movement, they are still, as Merle Haggard says, getting on the "Fighting Side of Me."  I swear, I can only see ill will being acted upon, on their part. To not acknowledge that, to me, is to our own peril, for our future.

There is an article I would like everyone to read.
BUT. It is NOT about the re-opening. It is about how we need to keep learning about this virus.
Please read this. And please, everyone get the tools you need to best as you can monitor your own health, while you remain protected and distant.

>From The New York Times: The Infection That’s Silently Killing Coronavirus Patients This is what I learned during 10 days of treating Covid pneumonia at Bellevue Hospital. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/opinion/coronavirus-testing-pneumonia.html?smid=em-share

Thanks, everyone.
I think of each of you, each day, and wish for you, for all of us, to remain in good health.
It's a Sneaky Pete, this virus, for Pete's Sake.
Poem for today:   The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, 1797 by William Taylor Coleridge

Rik James
Your treasure state chapter president, isolating with Karen in Bozeman.