[NFBMT] reminder & correction - Treasure State At-Large Meeting of The NFB of Montana - Thursday, December 10th at 6 pm

president at nfbofmt.org president at nfbofmt.org
Tue Dec 8 18:46:23 UTC 2020

Hi Rik,

I was checking the NFB-MT President Zoom account, and have some questions
for you.  It looks like you set up a re-occurring meeting that can be opened
anytime.  Is this correct?

Before I realized this, I set up a unique meeting for the Board, which also
happens Thursday, December 10 from 3:30-5:00 PM.  I like your idea of
scheduling a re-occurring meeting that can be used for any meeting, and I
wish that I had figured it out before I scheduled the Board meeting on Zoom.

There may be some issues, though.  If we end up scheduling a lot of
meetings, we could end up double-scheduling.  From what I've read, best
practices recommend setting up unique meetings instead of re-occurring
meetings if your account is heavily used.  I doubt the NFB-MT would face
that issue.  Another reason for scheduling unique meetings is better meeting
security.  And there are lots of advantages to using the same meeting for
everything, though.  For example, we could publish the Zoom directions on
our webpage.

Anyhow, would you confirm that the meeting you scheduled is designed to work
for any meeting any time?  If you prefer calling, I'm open for a telephone
chat.

Best!

I like your idea of sett

Jim Marks
President
president at nfbofmt.org
(406) 438-1421
www.nfbofmt.org

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.