[NFBMT] The Braille Monitor Survey

BRESLAUERS breslauerj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 22:12:39 UTC 2020

This information is taken from the February Presidential Release put out by
our national office and NFB President Mark Riccobono.

The Braille Monitor has been the flagship publication of the National
Federation of the Blind since 1957.  It not only chronicles our history,
discusses our progress, and publishes many powerful articles that articulate
and help to shape our philosophy, but it also raises questions about what we
should be doing, what our policies should look like, where we should be going
as the National Federation of the Blind.  It has sparked conversations about
who we are and where we should be going as a movement.

The Braille Monitor has evolved over the years, and we want it to continue to
evolve going forward.  So as we get into 2020, we are looking to gather data
from each and every one of you about The Braille Monitor.  What do you think
about it?  What would you like to see it do?  How would you like to get it?
How are you reading it?  Do you even know about it?  We're asking members and
anyone who is interested in the Braille Monitor to fill out a survey by April
1.  I would like to ask chapters to help coordinate with members who may have
difficulty accessing the survey.

In this short survey, we are looking to gather information about the Braille
Monitor to see how we can continue to improve it, and to deliver on the high
expectations and quality content you expect as a member of the Federation.
You can take the survey online by going to
www.surveymonkey.com/r/braillemonitor
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/braillemonitor>   You can also call in your
answers at 667-888-2454.

Please complete this anonymous survey.  Please help members of your chapter
to complete it.  We want to gather as much data as possible.  Please promote
it widely. We even want people who aren't reading The Braille Monitor to take
it so that we can understand why you aren't reading it.  Is it because you
don't have access to it, or is it something else?  Please let us know.  The
more feedback we can get from members of the Federation, the better we can
make our publications, and the Braille Monitor is our most important
publication.

Joy Breslauer, First Vice President