[NFBMT] 14-Day Quarantine for All Travelers from Another State or Country

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 03:24:04 UTC 2020

From: Governor Bullock <governor at mt.gov>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 9:19 PM

Today I directed that all travelers coming into Montana from another state or country for non-work-related purposes must undergo a 14-day self-quarantine.

The Directive follows my previous travel advisory for those traveling internationally, and also advises vacation listings and rental sites to notify any out-of-state renters about the quarantine requirement.

Health care workers traveling to assist Montanans are excluded from the Directive.

My Directive applies both to Montana residents and non-residents entering the state for non-work-related purposes. It requires a self-quarantine for 14 days, or the duration of the traveler’s non-work trip to Montana.

Further, the Directive authorizes the Montana National Guard to conduct temperature checks at Montana airports and rail stations and screen for potential exposure history for travelers arriving in Montana from another state or country.

You can read my full Directive  <https://covid19.mt.gov/Portals/223/Documents/Quarantine%20for%20Travelers.pdf?ver=2020-03-30-174405-440> HERE.

While we love our visitors, we would ask them not to come visit while Montanans are watching out for one another by staying at home. This is important not only to protect our health care system, but also to protect against the spread of COVID-19.

As of today, travel from another state or country is the most common known source of COVID-19 infections in Montana. I am asking anyone who is in Montana and has recently traveled from another state or country to do the right thing and self-quarantine for 14 days.

Thank you again for your comments to my office and your continued work to share important information with our Montana communities. Please continue to practice social distancing guidelines and stay at home unless it is essential.

My top priority is to protect the health and safety of all Montanans. I will continue to closely monitor the situation of cross-state travel as more information becomes available, and I will take any further action needed to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.

Sincerely,

STEVE BULLOCK
Governor