[NFBMT] URGENT NOTICE: Treasure State Chapter Meeting is TONIGHT! Thursday, November 12 at 6:00 pm via telephone conference

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 20:43:47 UTC 2020

Greetings fellow Federationists!

If this is a pleasant sound in your ears, well, GOOD!

I sure do hope that it sounds good today, and that it may compel you to
continue your involvement in a movement which has stood for and done so much
for more years than most of us have even been walking about on our good
Earth!

A movement, you say?  What movement, you ask?

What it is, the organized blind, the National Federation of the Blind, and
its affiliate here in Montana, the National Federation of the Blind of
Montana.

The Montana wing is still growing.  Isn't it?

What it stands for and what it does do, the NFB of Montana.

Our accomplishments, our aspirations, and the road ahead, I think that they
really all depend on you.

Read up more at nfbofmt.org  or about the national at nfb.org.

So, to be specific now.

This email is your NOTICE of the NEXT meeting. A meeting of the Treasure
State At-Large chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Montana.

The news is late breaking.

It is that there is to be a meeting to be held tonight!

IF we do not have a sufficient number attend tonight, due to the late
announcement, I will re-schedule and call another meeting next Thursday.

Kind of like a bonus Bingo card. Except no cash.

So I apologize if you cannot make it. I was meaning to get the announcement
out. But I just have a hole in my pocket where I keep all of my excuses. And
I cannot remember what mine exactly was this, time. Forgive me?

The time and date of the next at large Treasure State chapter meeting is
this.

Tonight, Thursday, November 12, 6 pm.

We need to elect officers. Someone who wishes to be your new chapter
President, or serve in any of the other slots, as our Vice President,
Secretary or Treasurer, this is your invitation. To Step up,

Find the number just below for tonight's telephone conference.

I thought we might Zoom. But we didn't yet get an account.

Thank you!

Rik James

President, Treasure State At-Large Chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of Montana

Bozeman, Montana

Contact me by phone at either

406 451 1874  or

406 586 4123

d28rik at msn.com <mailto:d28rik at msn.com>

TO JOIN THE TOTALLY FREE CONFERENCE CALL

USE THIS NUMBER:

712-432-6301

ACCESS NUMBER FOLLOWED BY THE POUND SIGN:

654032#

Handy Andy Hint for you:

Put those numbers above in your phone Contacts, so next time, it will be a
single touch.

Here are a few other Tips while you are in on the conference call:

the BUTTONS on the PHONE KEYPAD for Conference Participants:

*    to start the reading of commands menu.

*1   MUTE SELF - mute yourself, and unmute yourself.

*4   DOWN VOLUME (turns volume down on phone within the conference)

* 6   UP VOLUME (to turn UP volume on your line)

* 7  DOWN MIC VOLUME (your Microphone)

* 8   EXIT COMMANDS LIST (to get out of hearing the list of commands)

* 9   UP MIC VOLUME (turns UP your micophone Volume)

# - EXIT / PREVIOUS (takes you out of conference, and switch to previous )

Tips & Suggestions.

You may have some to submit yourself.

But when participating, be aware that other sounds in your environment may
come across as a noise that is distracting to others on the call. Where you
have the phone, if say your are clikcing on a keyboard, and so on, could be
heard on the call.

Some will must their phone, using Star One, but your participation is
valuable to us, so be at the ready to unmute yourself with a Star One again,
so we can get to hear you.

Some have successfuly programmed their smart phones to put this confernce
number and the access code with the needed four commas between, to have the
whole thing already in your phone. I confess, I am completly habituated to
this method. When I try to get those numbers all in, I find it is worth
getting it on to my contacts. To do this on a regular phone is also
possible, too.

NOTE: If you are receiving this notice, and no longer wish to get it, please
Reply to me, and let me know. It's no problem at all. Likewise, if you know
of someone whom might like to join us, please have them contact me, too.
At-Large can cover a lot of ground. And we welcome new members alays.