[NFBMT] Schedule Change: Congressional Appointments Tuesday, February 9, Wednesday, February 10, and Thursday, February 11, 2021

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 01:02:52 UTC 2021

The only thing you can count on, besides death and taxes, is that things
don't stay the same for long.  Our scheduled meetings with our Senators and
Representative are a case in point.  We now have a meeting on Tuesday,
Wednesday, and Thursday.  See below and take note.  You might have to get up
a little earlier on Thursday than you had planned.

Revised Schedule of Virtual Meetings with our Senators and Representative:

Please join us!

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

NFB-MT Meeting With Senator Steve Daines

Time: Feb 9, 2021 01:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada), 3:00PM Eastern

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/98568500325?pwd=UlExcGxkeVVxVlhoVVRXeWppKzBmdz09

Meeting ID: 985 6850 0325

Passcode: 536920

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,98568500325# US (San Jose) 12532158782,,98568500325# US

+(Tacoma)

Dial by your location

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 985 6850 0325

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/a9bQN6VRR

Please join us!

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

NFB-MT Meeting with Representative Matt Rosendale

Time: Feb 10, 2021 09:45 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada), 11:45AM Eastern

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/99970804226?pwd=THZYSkxoSXVXMGEvZjFweWN1RHlxQT09

Meeting ID: 999 7080 4226

Passcode: 146416

One tap mobile

+14086380968,,99970804226# US (San Jose) 16699006833,,99970804226# US

+(San Jose)

Dial by your location

        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) Meeting ID: 999 7080 4226 Find
your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aE3luAzOu

Please Join Us!

Thursday, February 11, 2021:

NFB-MT Meeting With Senator Jon Tester

Time: Feb 11, 2021 7:30 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada), 9:30 AM Eastern

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/97441817959?pwd=ZkVXWld6ZDRDejVNZEtDazBUbFJDUT09

Meeting ID: 974 4181 7959

Passcode: 730655

One tap mobile

+13462487799,,97441817959# US (Houston)

+14086380968,,97441817959# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

Meeting ID: 974 4181 7959

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ad6YyuCVC

Fact Sheets

Access Technology Affordability Act

The cost of critically needed access technology is out of reach for most
blind Americans. The
<https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/advocacy/washington-seminar/washington
-seminar-priorities/fact-sheet-access> Access Technology Affordability Act
will improve affordability of critically needed access technology necessary
for employment and independent living.

*
<https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/2021-01/2021-Access-Technology-A
ffordability-Act-Fact-Sheet.docx> Access Technology Affordability Act (Word)

I think Senator Tester was a sponsor of this last session.

Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act

Advanced digital interfaces create barriers that prevent blind individuals
from independently and safely operation home-use medical devices that are
essential to their daily healthcare needs. The
<https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/advocacy/washington-seminar/washington
-seminar-agenda/fact-sheet-medical-device> Medical Device Nonvisual
Accessibility Act will end unequal access to home-use medical devices for
blind Americans.

*
<https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/2021-01/2021-Medical-Device-Nonv
isual-Accessibility-Act-Fact-Sheet.docx> Medical Device Nonvisual
Accessibility Act (Word)

Twenty-First Century Mobile Apps and Website Accessibility Act

Websites are required by law to be accessible, but without implementing
regulations most businesses and retailers have little understanding of what
accessible means. The
<https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/advocacy/washington-seminar/washington
-seminar-agenda/fact-sheet-accessible-websites-act> Twenty-First Century
Mobile Apps and Website Accessibility Act will end website and mobile
application inaccessibility for blind Americans.

*
<https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/2021-01/2021-Twenty-First-Centur
y-Mobile-Apps-and-Website-Accessibility-Act-Fact-Sheet.docx> Twenty-First
Century Mobile Apps and Website Accessibility Act (Word)

Americans with Disabilities Voting Rights Act

The constitutionally protected right to vote that is available to all
Americans is inaccessible to blind Americans. The
<https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/advocacy/washington-seminar/washington
-seminar-priorities/fact-sheet-voting-act> Americans with Disabilities Voting
Rights Act will ensure that all methods of voting, including registration,
are accessible to blind and low-vision citizens.

*
<https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/2021-01/2021-Americans-with-Disa
bilities-Voting-Rights-Act-Fact-Sheet.docx> Americans with Disabilities
Voting Rights Act (Word)

Wouldn't it be cool if when the Senators and representative come on Zoom with
us, they see a whole bunch of Federationists show up from Montana.  So let's
try to get as many of us on as we can.  See you there!

DON'T MISS THIS ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!

This is our chance to be more powerful together than we have ever been alone.

See you there!

Joy Breslauer, First Vice President, and Advocacy and Public Policy Committee
Chair

Web Site: http://www.nfbofmt.org