[NFBMT] NFB of Montana Legislative Update

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 10:43:42 UTC 2021

Good morning, fellow NFB of Montana Federationists!

Here is the latest news on bills we are watching in the 2021 Montana
legislature.

SB-15: Revise election laws related to accessibility for disabled electors.
This bill had a hearing before the Senate Administration committee on January
25, 2021, and on February 2 it passed unanimously 8 to 0 and was referred to
the Senate.  On February 4 it was scheduled for a second reading, which it
passed by a vote of 38 to 12.  On February 5 it was scheduled for a third
reading, which it passed by a vote of 41 to 9.  Then it was transferred to
the House, which referred it to the House  State Administration committee on
February 9.  It will have its first reading before the House State
Administration Committee on Friday, February 12, at 9:00AM.

http://leg.mt.gov/bills/2021/billhtml/SB0015.htm

audio of Hearing before the State Administration Committee 01/25:
http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00309/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20
170221/-1/40177?agendaId=179699

 <http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00309/Harmony/en> Watch or listen to
committee hearings: All committee meetings will have a video-stream link and
an audio-stream link so you can observe a committee meeting live or watch the
archive of the hearing.

On the day of the committee meeting, click the link and choose the committee
you want to listen to.  A link to listen will be listed.  It will tell you if
the meeting hasn't started yet or if it is in progress.

HB 2: General Appropriations Act.  Montana State Library.  At 9:00AM on
Monday, February 8, we testified before the House Joint Appropriations
Subcommittee on Education, regarding Montana State Library funding, during
which we wanted to acquaint the committee with NFB-Newsline - what it is,
what it does, how it works, what it costs, and that we would like to see
funding restored.  They will have a work session on Wednesday, January 10, at
8:30AM. .

http://leg.mt.gov/bills/2021/billhtml/HB0002.htm

 <http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00309/Harmony/en> Watch or listen to
committee hearings: All committee meetings will have a video-stream link and
an audio-stream link so you can observe a committee meeting live or watch the
archive of the hearing.

On the day of the committee meeting, click the link and choose the committee
you want to listen to.  A link to listen will be listed.  It will tell you if
the meeting hasn't started yet or if it is in progress.

Joy Breslauer, First Vice President, and advocacy and Public Policy Committee
Chair