[NFBMT] Montana Legislative Information and Action Alert

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 12:34:12 UTC 2021

Good morning, fellow NFB of Montana Federationists!

Here is the latest news on bills we are watching in the 2021 Montana
legislature.

SB-15: Revise election laws related to accessibility for disabled electors.
This bill will have a hearing before the House State Administration Committee
this morning at 9:00AM.

Read the bill here

http://leg.mt.gov/bills/2021/billhtml/SB0015.htm

We have missed the deadline to submit testimony, but we can still email the
committee with our concerns.

https://leg.mt.gov/web-messaging

Choose the House State Administration committee and SB 15 from the dropdown
lists, tab through and fill out the form, write your email, and press submit.

audio of Hearing before the Senate State Administration Committee 01/25:
http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00309/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20
170221/-1/40177?agendaId=179699

Legislative meetings are streamed and recorded.

 <http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00309/Harmony/en> Watch or listen to
committee hearings: All committee meetings will have a video-stream link and
an audio-stream link so you can observe a committee meeting live or watch the
archive of the hearing.

To listen to a meeting live, click the "Watch or listen" link and the current
day's schedule will appear.  Choose the House State Administration committee
from the dropdown list.  A link to listen live will be displayed.  It will
tell you if the meeting has not started yet, if it is in progress, or if it
has adjourned.

To listen to an archived meeting, click the preferred date on the calendar
and that day's meeting schedule will appear.  Choose the committee meeting
you want to listen to from the dropdown list.  Audio of archived meetings is
generally available the next day.

HB 2: General Appropriations Act.  Montana State Library.  At 9:00AM on
Monday, February 8, we testified before the House Joint Appropriations
Subcommittee on Education, regarding Montana State Library funding, during
which we acquainted the committee with NFB-Newsline - what it is, what it
does, how it works, what it costs, how we lost it, and that we would like to
see funding restored.  You can listen to the hearing by clicking the audio
link for February 8.

The committee had a work session on Wednesday, January 10, at 8:30AM, to
discuss library funding issues, including NFB-Newsline.  You can listen to
the audio link for February 10 to find out what happened so far and what the
committee plans to do next.

Monday, February 8:
<http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00309/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/2
0210208/-1/42286>

Joint Subcommittee on Education - Audio Only

Wednesday, February 10
<http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00309/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/2
0210210/-1/42341>

Joint Subcommittee on Education - Audio Only

 <http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00309/Harmony/en> Watch or listen to
committee hearings: All committee meetings will have a video-stream link and
an audio-stream link so you can observe a committee meeting live or watch the
archive of the hearing.

On the day of the committee meeting, click the link and choose the committee
you want to listen to.  A link to listen will be listed.  It will tell you if
the meeting hasn't started yet or if it is in progress.

Joy Breslauer, First Vice President, and advocacy and Public Policy Committee
Chair