[NFBMT] HB 455 Dies

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 22:03:12 UTC 2021

Let me know if that link works.

You gotta be really vigilant about looking at what the legislature is doing
every single day, and even then something might slip by.  I am really concerned
about the voter reforms that they are trying.  HB 455 to me tried to solve a
nonexistent problem and make it a lot harder to vote.  What they were trying to
do was "prevent voter fraud" and "make sure dead people aren't voting."  I
think if they purge the rolls more consistently they will catch most of that.
Most of that is human error.  I heard about a situation when they thought
somebody voted who was dead.  Upon further investigation, it was found that
Senior had died, and Junior had voted.  They both had the same name.  Human
error.