[NFBMT] December's Treasure State chapter minutes revised

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 19:44:35 UTC 2021

Sharp eyes caught a couple omissions. Thank Joy. How many people were there.
I just can't count with the birds chirping outside my window, asking me,
when will Springtime come. I did count Beverly.
I humbly re-submit these to stand for the December minutes:

The Treasure State chapter was pleased to have the benefit of fifteen folks
calling in or Zooming in for the December 10th meeting, our last for the
year 2020. All seemed to agree, that we very much hope that 2021 will be a
better year, for all the reasons you can imagine. In attendance were:
Linda Hurlock, Marjorie Gregg, Hannah Clemonson, Bruce and Joy Breslauer,
Sheila and Harold Liegland, Karen and Rik James, Jim Aldrich, Jim Marks, Ted
and Anna Robbins, and  Zack Harshburger. There were no changes in the
chapter's treasury, holding firm at $123. There were no reportable actions
taken by the chapter to report, except that November's minutes were
approved.

Our special guest at the December meeting was Beverly Berg, from Health and
Human Services, who joined us to give us a chance to thank her for her years
of valuable service to Montanans with disabilities. She is retiring, and
everyone got to speak with her. It was very enjoyable. We had time to share
memories as well as hear her thoughts on past, current and continueing
challenges serving the needs of blind folks in Montana. Beverly also had
breking news, that it had just been decided to make Blind and Low Vision
Services a bureau, which should be a very good thing in the future.
The chapter welcomes any persons who works in the field of human services to
join us. It is a good way to better understand how the rehabilitation
service system works.
It was mentioned that in some future chapter meetings, we may each discuss
the various forms of accessibility techniques and technology that we use, or
are interested in using.