[NFBMT] Good to see Montana Books on BARD

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 16:36:31 UTC 2021

This might not be it.  Joy

Bucking the sun: a novel DB46175
Doig, Ivan. Reading time: 17 hours, 50 minutes.
Read by Michael Kramer. A production of the National Library Service for the
Blind and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress.

Family

A depression-era family story about the problems of building the Fort Peck Dam
in Montana. The construction project provides employment for the Duff family,
but the parents' farm will be flooded. The desperation of the times leads
members of the Duff clan to conflicts, infidelity, and even murder. Some
descriptions of sex and some strong language.

>From the quarries of Last Chance Gulch: a "news-history" of Helena and its
Masonic lodges DBC14014
Campbell, William C. Reading time: 12 hours, 28 minutes.
Read by Kristopher Hans. A production of Montana State Talking Book Library.
U.S. History
This history of the Masonic Order in Helena, Montana, covers the era from 1864
to 1889. Written from Helena newspaper files, it emphasizes the impact on local
history of freemasons such as Cornelius Hedges, Nathaniel P. Langford and
Wilber Fisk Sanders. For high school and adult readers.

More from the quarries of Last Chance Gulch DBC13914
Axline, Jon. Reading time: 5 hours, 25 minutes.
Read by Joan Bishop. A production of Montana Talking Book Library.
U.S. History
This book is a series of historical essays about Helena, Montana, covering the
time period from early 1860's to the present. These essays were originally
newspaper articles published by the Helena "Independent Record." The essays
deal with local historic personages and incidents which helped to shape the
people and city of Helena, Montana's capital. For high school and adult
readers.

More from the quarries of Last Chance Gulch, v. 3 DBC14007
Axline, Jon. Reading time: 6 hours, 42 minutes.
Read by Chari Nelson. A production of Montana State Talking Book Library.
Literature
U.S. History
Shamans' caves, runaway trains, ghosts and murder are just a few of the
subjects covered by the historical essays in this book about the Helena,
Montana, area. It covers events from pre-history to the 1950's. It is written
with diversity of style, theme and approach by the many different authors
contributing. For high school and adult readers.