[NFBMT] It's A Wrap!

BRUCE&JOY breslauerj at gmail.com
Sat May 1 11:55:36 UTC 2021

Hello, NFB of Montana Federationists.

The 67th session of the Montana Legislature is now in the history books.

We did accomplish one big thing: funding NFB-Newsline for the next two years,
starting July 1.

Although we worked hard to pass HB 643, a bill that would allow a disabled
voter to electronically return a ballot, and it passed its third reading in
the House and was referred to the Senate administration Committee, it was
effectively stopped in its tracks and ultimately failed its first reading in
the Senate Administration Committee on April 14 by a 4 to 4 tie vote.

So now it's on to planning for the next legislative session in 2022.  I want
to thank everyone who participated in this year's legislative process.  We
made a difference, and did procure funding for NFB-Newsline, something we
really need.  Now we have to spread the word and acquaint as many people as
possible with the benefits of NFB-Newsline, so that this funding may be
sustainable for many years to come.

Joy Breslauer, First Vice President, and Advocacy and Public Policy Committee
Chair