[NFBMT] National Legislative Update: S. 3238

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 17:16:19 UTC 2021

Good morning fellow Montana Federationists!

Yesterday, November 18, 2021, the Transformation To Competitive Integrated Employment Act (S. 3238) was introduced in the Senate, sponsored by Senator Bob Casey (D. PA) and co-sponsored by Senator Steve Daines, (R. MT.)  We are very thankful for this bipartisan support.

The link below is to an explanation posted in the Bozeman Daily Chronicle.  https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/business/daines-introduces-bill-to-increase-pay-for-people-with-disabilities/article_f08fc311-a6ed-5587-9eb4-4306bb203c72.html

Sheila Leigland was interviewed regarding this in conjunction with North Central Independent Living Project in Great Falls.  The interview which follows is posted on YouTube.  Thank you, Sheila!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUnC9sVFssw

Joy Breslauer, Advocacy and Public Policy

Web Site:  <http://www.nfbofmt.org/> http://www.nfbofmt.org