[NFBMT] FW: Report on the 2022 National Convention

president at nfbofmt.org president at nfbofmt.org
Tue Jul 19 21:47:08 UTC 2022

Hi All,

This is a quick report on the 2022 National Convention held in New Orleans July 5-11.  It was extremely good to be back in person again.  Many of us joined virtually as well.  Counting both in-person and virtual attendees, Montana was represented as well as we ever have been.  One of the negative consequences of coming back together is that many of us contracted COVID while participating.  I was one of those, and at least two other Montanans also tested positive near the end or following the Convention.  We took the proper precautions, but the current variant of the virus is highly contagious.

Thank you so much for allowing me to represent the NFB of Montana as your Delegate.  Travis Moses did a terrific job serving as our Alternate Delegate.  I won’t go into a lot of details, but the Convention was tremendous in so many ways.  From resolutions to amending our constitution, we set a large number of goals and improved practices for ourselves.  We learned about emerging technologies and public policies.  And there is unmeasurable benefit of hanging out with peers and working together to govern our organization.  Anyhow, please look at the forwarded information below to learn more or to revisit our Convention.  And here is to next year!

Jim Marks

President

president at nfbofmt.org <mailto:president at nfbofmt.org>

(406) 438-1421

www.nfbofmt.org <http://www.nfbofmt.org>

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.