[NFBMT] Kindle

kerscher at montana.com kerscher at montana.com
Mon Jun 20 14:43:54 UTC 2022

Hi,
We test Reading systems on epubtest.org.
The Kindle on Windows with NVDA (would be about the same with Jaws) was 60%
for the basics and for non-visual reading was 71.43%
on iOS (iPhone) it was 80% for the basics and for non-visual reading was
64.29.

EasyReader on iOS (iPhone) freely available) was 100% for the basics and
85.71% for non-visual.
EasyReader for Windows is now free, get it from Dolphin and it scored with
Jaws for the basics  at 73.33% and for non-visual reading was 92.81%

You can get the EPUB version of titles from Bookshare.

There is also VoiceDream reader, which people love. There is a charge for
this in the Apple App store.

There are about 70 test results for the various reading systems at
www.epubtest.org

My personal favorite is Thorium on Windows. It works great with the EPUB
from Bookshare and other sources of EPUB.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Best
George

Hope this helps.