[NFBMV] Elections

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 20:27:50 UTC 2018

Hello everyone:

In reviewing the constitution, we are actually supposed to hold
elections in October.  As long as I have been in the chapter, however,
we have held them at different times, the one coming to mind being held
during our Christmas party in December, 2016.  So personally I am not
opposed to us holding them in December.  I think we need to plan ahead
for this a little better in future years, though, just to remain
compliant.  This is fine, anyway, because the terms of the newly elected
officers start on January 1.  Technically, we would be in further
violation of the constitution if we had moved the elections to January.

Also, all officers' terms are for two years.  This we have been abiding
by and passed this as an amendment of March of 2017.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Robby