[NFBMV] Interesting Articles

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 17:25:08 UTC 2019

Hello, in my attempts to connect our chapter more with the NFB as a whole
and to try to impart its philosophy on our members, I wish to start sharing
interesting articles that I find in the Braille Monitor.  The Braille
Monitor is the monthly publication of the National Federation of the
Blind.  If you are not already signed up to receive it, or wish to read
issues online as you see fit, please visit this page:
https://nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/braille-monitor

The first article, "Facts About Blindness, According to Me" was written by
Joe Orozco and published in the May edition of the Braille Monitor.  This
article contains many answers to frequently-asked questions of blind people
about how we accomplish daily tasks.  He also adds a sense of humor to it,
which makes it that much more enjoyable to read.  Please find this article
at the following link:
https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm19/bm1905/bm190508.htm

The second article, "When Two or More are Gathered: The
Power of One with a Multiplier," by Adelmo Vigil, tells the story of the
challenges and obstacles experienced by a blind person seeking employment
in a local school district.  He did eventually succeed.  Find this article
here:
https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm19/bm1907/bm190703.htm

I hope you all enjoy these articles.  To those of you who are going, see
you in Vegas!

Robby

--
Robert Spangler