[Nfbn-announce] 2012 NFB Scholarship Program is online

Amy Buresh amy.buresh74 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 00:30:05 UTC 2012

Announcing the 2012 NFB Scholarship Program

Dear College Students:

Are you legally blind and will you be a full-time college student attending
the fall 2012 semester in the United States or Puerto Rico? The National
Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program Application Form is online at
www.nfb.org/scholarships along with all rules for eligibility, the complete
list of requirements for a completed packet, and additional information. (A
print application form is available upon request.)

Our Scholarships:

  1 for $12,000

  1 for $10,000

  2 for $7,000 each

  4 for $5,000 each

22 for $3,000 each

plus additional gifts to each winner

The deadline to submit the application form and all required support
documents is three months away-March 31, 2012-so there is still plenty of
time, especially if you have the other required documents ready to upload
from your computer to the online application form.

We prefer DOC, DOCX, and RTF file formats, though we accept PDF. We prefer
PDF for school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.  We also accept documents via
mail or as attachments to an email.

Students, it is never too early to begin to assemble your documents.  Please
read the details on the 2012 program right now by going to our website at
www.nfb.org/scholarships. The "Submission Checklist" on our website lists
the full set of requirements and the FAQ page provides additional
information on what the scholarship committee expects to find in a winning
application packet.

More good news - In addition to this national scholarship program, many of
our state affiliates have their own scholarship program for blind students
living in their state or attending college in their state.  For contact
information, go to www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org/> , then to FAST FACTS,
then tap on the Presidents List and follow the links to your state.

Cordially,

Patti Chang, Esq.

Chairperson, NFB Scholarship Committee

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

       at Jernigan Place

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

Office:  (410) 659-9314, x2415

E-mail:  scholarships at nfb.org

Website:  www.nfb.org/scholarships

P. S.: The deadline is March 31, 2012.