[Nfbn-announce] Announcing 2012 NFB of Nebraska Senior Workshop

NFB of Nebraska Info info at ne.nfb.org
Thu Sep 20 02:37:22 UTC 2012

2012 NFB OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION ANNUAL WORKSHOP
Blindness Without Barriers
October 12th 2012 (10:00 AM – 4:00 PM)

Blindness in and of itself is not a barrier to living life, not when
engaging in leisure, learning, living, and leadership.

Based on the core belief of the NFB (National Federation of the Blind)
--- “The real problem of blindness is not the loss of eyesight. The
real problem is the misunderstanding and lack of information that
exist. If a blind person has proper training and opportunity,
blindness can be reduced to a physical nuisance.” --- Come to our
workshop where we will start you on a new mind-set to tear and hold
down the barriers you may have in your mind and ability to live with
blindness. We will speak about, demonstrate and teach skills that are
needed to participate in: Leisure activities- described movies,
gardening, crafts, etc. Learning activities- 	 digital books, using
computers/phones, reading and writing Braille, etc. Living activities-
adaptive medical equipment, grooming, home management, etc. Leadership
activities- work, community involvement, family responsibilities, etc.

Costs: Workshop pre-convention registration $10.00, includes lunch-
Open Faced Hot Beef sandwich (Day of convention $15.00)

Our workshop is the first day of the three day annual state convention
of the NFB of Nebraska. Plan to attend the entire convention to
maximize your experience!

Registration for workshop and convention at - http://www.ne.nfb.org/

Convention Costs: Pre-convention registration is $15.00 - The banquet
is $35.00 (Day of convention $20 & $40 respectively)
Location: Ramada Inn, Kearney, NE
Address: 301 2nd Avenue
Room Rate: $75.00 per night
Phone Number to make your room reservation: 1-308-237-3141