[Nfbn-announce] NFB of Nebraska 2013 State Convention

NFB of Nebraska Info info at ne.nfb.org
Sat Sep 7 18:51:23 UTC 2013

*Announcing the 2013 National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska State
Convention*

* *

Make your plans now to attend the 42nd annual state convention, beginning
October 25th in historic North Platte, Nebraska.  The fun will continue all
weekend long with informative presentations, seminars, exhibits, games and
much more! Join the largest gathering of blind men and women in Nebraska to
make a difference in the lives of the blind across the state!

When: October 25 – 27, 2013

Where: Sand Hills convention Center Quality Inn and Suites 2102 S.
Jeffers, north
of Interstate 80, just west of U.S. Highway 83 in North Platte, NE

Reservations: Phone by October 10th (308) 532-9090, mention NFBN for
reduced rate of $68.00 per night + 14.3% tax.

Convention Pre-registration: Save money by pre-registering before October
1st! Prices for each of the convention items listed will increase by $5.00
per item if you choose to register after October 1st.

*Advance Registration Prices per Person*

* *

Convention Registration: $15
Banquet: $35
Senior Division Luncheon: $15
Student Division Luncheon: $15

To register and make a secure on-line payment, visit:
http://www.ne.nfb.org/convention_reg

If you prefer to pay by check or money order with a paper registration,
feel free to print out the form from our website’s convention page:
http://www.ne.nfb.org/2013<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ne.nfb.org%2F2013&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNG4tupv0nwG62tuuVX6qL7eIx_4rA>

Or contact Cheryl Livingston, NFBN Treasurer, at (402) 488-2509.

This year, your state affiliate has once again arranged for a bus to
convention. The bus will depart Omaha in the late afternoon of October
24th, 2013 and will arrive at approximately 7:00 p.m. in North Platte.  The
bus will be making major stops in Omaha and Lincoln, with additional stops
being scheduled for passengers along the route.  The bus will depart North
Platte at 12:30 p.m. Sunday, October 27th.  The cost of the bus will be
$100.00 per person, round trip.  If seats are reserved after October 1st,
the cost goes up to $120.00.  Your seat can be reserved on-line at the same
time as pre-registration for convention.

*National Representative*

* *

This year’s National Representative is Ms. Ever Lee Hairston.  Growing up
in a family of sharecroppers with “eye problems”, a severe speech
impediment and an un-quenchable thirst to learn, Ever Lee’s story is one of
adversity, self-doubt and eventual triumph.  You won’t want to miss the
story of her inspirational journey.  She says: "I worked my way through
college. I earned that degree because hard work always pays off, as do
dedication, commitment, honesty, and spirituality. These are the keys to
success and the ones that have unlocked my life for me.”

*Convention Highlights*

* *

Below is just a sampling of the notable events and activities you’ll find
at the 2013 NFBN convention:

• Technology Demonstrations and Presentations • Exhibits • NFB-NEWSLINE® -
New Features and Enhancements • Education and Braille Literacy Initiatives
• Blind Parents Meeting  • Parents of Blind Children Meeting  • Luncheon
and Seminar for the Senior Blind  • Luncheon and Meeting of Nebraska
Association of Blind Students

• NABS Idol • Audio Dart-Master Tournament

Make your plans to join us October 25th-27th in North Platte! The 42nd
annual state convention promises to make a difference and change lives!
Come be a part of the excitement!

*                                              Stay Connected And In The
Know!         *

* *

Follow the National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska on Twitter! Visit
http://www.twitter.com/nfbn to receive affiliate news and updates. Stay
connected with your fellow Nebraska Federationists by joining our state
e-mail listserv. This list allows you to receive affiliate and national
announcements. To sign up, visit www.nfbnet.org.

Visit us online at http://www.ne.nfb.org.

--
National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska
Phone: 402-477-7711
Email: info at ne.nfb.org
Web: http://www.ne.nfb.org
Twitter: @nfbn