[Nfbn-announce] At-Large Chapter Meeting Notice

Amy Buresh amy.buresh74 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 02:08:53 UTC 2014

Greetings Fellow Federationists and Friends,

  For some time now the NFB of Nebraska has talked of starting an At-Large
Chapter.  This chapter would meet monthly via conference call in the place
of a face to face meeting.  The At-Large Chapter is for those who don't have
access to local chapters, or who's chapters are struggling.

  With a new year beginning it is a perfect time to kick off the At-Large
Chapter!  The chapter will meet the second Tuesday of every month.  Members
and guests will call into the conference line provided for an hour long
meeting discussing topics relating to the NFB and blindness.

  Participants are encouraged to call in 5 minutes before the call start
time, so the meeting can get started right away.  The calls will begin at
8:00 p.m. Central.  There is no cost for the call as it is a toll-free
number.  The call in information can be found near the end of this E-mail.

  For now the calls will be moderated by Jamie K. Forbis.  Other members of
the state board will also participate in the calls.  So please spread the
word about the At-Large Chapter meetings!

  The first meeting will be held Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 8:00 p.m.
Central.  Listed below are the dates for each month for your convenience.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.  Thank you
and I look forward to starting this new adventure as we change what it means
to be blind in Nebraska!

Meeting Dates:

February 11th

March 11th

April 8th

May 13th

June 10th

July 8th

August 12th

September 9th

October 14th

November 11th

December 9th

  Five minutes before the call dial the toll-free number of: 1-877-394-5901.

You will then be asked to enter your access code of: 4740881.

Sincerely,

Jamie K. Forbis, Secretary

NFB of Nebraska

Phone: (308) 520-9024