[Nfbn-announce] Fwd: Blindness Access Equipment for Sale

NFB of Nebraska Info info at ne.nfb.org
Fri Jul 18 18:03:34 UTC 2014

Omaha Chapter has Blindness Access Equipment for Sale!!!

The following Seven items come from the generous donation by the estate of
the late, Henry Vetter; former Omaha Chapter member.

This post is first being offered to members on the Nebraska affiliate
listserv. After one week (July 23rd), we will broaden out the search for
buyers, by having it placed onto other NFB wide lists.

Purchasing Note: First point- Our asking price for each item is what we
want, however, we are willing to bend…some. Second- The cost for shipping
will be added to the price you pay for the item.

If you have an interest, write or call me: Robert Leslie Newman; email
newmanrl at cox.net; phone 402-660-1743

*#1 OpenBook software: it is version 9, the current release.

(There is a $75.00 fee to get a legal title and useable key to this
existing registered license.)

-Current Pricing: $995.00

--Our asking price: $500.00 (You then also pay the $75.00 to change the
registration through Pat Fischer of Accessibility Dot Net, 402-491-3191

*#2JAWS (Job Access With Speech) software- current version 15

*---Current pricing JAWS Standard:* $895

*#3 PAC Mate Omni™, QWERTY style keyboard, with 20 cell display; maybe 6
years old. Reasonable condition. Has a canvas carrying case. Also, an
add-on feature- Scan-Talker 2.0.A bar code reader.

This PAC Mate is the current model being sold.

-Current pricing for the PAC Mate: $2,390

-Current pricing for the Scan-Talker: $985.00

-Our asking price: $700.00

Description for the ScanTalker:

ScanTalker enables users who are blind to independently access in speech
and braille information about products they purchase.

ScanTalker users can identify common items found on store shelves using the
UPC bar code on the product labels. The Metrologic omni-directional,
USB-powered handheld bar code reader included with ScanTalker is easy for a
blind person to use. Simply point the reader at the product, and the bar
code is scanned regardless of its orientation relative to the reader.

ScanTalker’s built-in database contains over 1.2 million UPC codes in the
following categories:

•More than 285,000 grocery and over-the-counter pharmaceutical items

•More than 320,000 CDs and DVDs

•More than 90,000 health and beauty items

•More than 500,000 general merchandise goods

*#4 Classic, Perkins Braille Writer; 2-3 years old; very good shape, with
cover.

(This model is no longer sold)

-current Pricing: $735.00

-Our asking price- $400.00

*#5 44 Cell Braille Display: Freedom Scientific Focus 1.1 – This display is
in excellent shape. It is powered by a USB connection to a computer. This
model is the first generation of the current Focus line of displays. It is
made of metal, not plastic like current models. This model’s cover opens up
to be a support for a laptop; or the cover can be detached. It has a
Perkins style arrangement of keys, to allow for commands to the display.

--When new it cost $3,500.00

--Our asking price $500.00

*#6 Classic, PLEXTalk, a digital recorder; maybe 10 years old. (Takes an
old style compact disk

-Price when new- $900.00

-Our asking price- $150.00

*#7 iBill, Talking Banknote Identifier (Version 1): From- Products for the
Blind and Visually Impaired - Orbit Research

-Price when purchased: $98.00 (new version 2 price: $119.00)

-Our Price: $20.00

It will recognize all our currency. Gives you the denomination in 1 second.
Can speak the result, or can be changed to a vibration or tone to present
the results.

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

http://www.thoughtprovoker.info

President, NFB Writers' Division

Division Website-

http://writers.nfb.org

Chair, NFB Communications Committee

Vice President, Nebraska Senior Division

First Vice President, Omaha Chapter

Commissioner, Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired

--
National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska
Phone: 402-477-7711
Email: info at ne.nfb.org
Web: http://www.ne.nfb.org
Twitter: @nfbn