[Nfbn-announce] Fwd: NFBN Blind Parents Phone Meeting

Amy Buresh amy.buresh74 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 22:39:41 UTC 2014

National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

Blind Parents

Breaking Barriers for the Blind

Dear Federationist and Nebraskans,

The National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska is launching a Blind
Parent Group. We plan to meet quarterly via a teleconference.

Our first teleconference will be Sunday, April 6, 2014, beginning at
8:00 p.m. At this time, we can discuss the next phone meetings for the
year in addition to where we want this group to go.

All blind parents, non-blind parents and even non-parents are welcome to
participate. Our goals are:

.        Educate the public and ourselves about blind parenting and how
capable a blind parent can be.

.        Provide resources and information to and about blind parents.

.        Offer a network of people acting as a support system.

.        Engage the community in a dialogue promoting the ideals and
values of the Federation.

If you are a parent, hope to be a parent, work with parents or are just
interested in this group, please join our call on Sunday, April 6. We
hope to build this committee providing a bridge for blind parents across
Nebraska. We also hope to work on educational efforts about blind
parenting in our communities. We will need all the help we can get.

For our first call, we will discuss our goals for the group, potential
activities and outreach opportunities  and what kind of event
we should offer during NFBN's annual convention, to be held
October 12 to 14 in Omaha, Nebraska.

Join us Sunday, April 6 as we get the ball rolling. An email with the
conference number will be sent closer to the date. For more information
or if you have questions, contact Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter at
bpollpeter at hotmail.com.

Sincerely,

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter, chair, NFBN Blind Parents