[Nfbn-announce] An Opportunity for the Emerging Generation of Blind and Low-vision Youth!

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Wed May 30 01:35:23 UTC 2018

When you are blind or low vision, and already face challenges that
others don't seem to understand, what are the tools and strategies
that can prepare you to be successful in college and in life? With so
many misconceptions and negative attitudes about blindness, how will
you succeed in a world where the employment market is ever changing?
In a world where opportunities are all around you, but you just
cannot decide which one fits your skills, interests, and abilities,
how will you land your dream job? If you want answers, the National
Federation of the Blind Mentoring program is for you.

We are actively recruiting blind and low-vision mentees to
participate in this dynamic program. Go to
<https://nfb.org/menteeapplication>https://nfb.org/menteeapplication
and sign up to become a mentee.

As a mentee, through shared experiences with the support of your
mentors, you will have an opportunity to take charge of your own
life, to become more independent, and to master alternative blindness
skills. If you are willing to challenge yourself you will be given
the tools and resources you need to succeed.

In order for our program to be successful, blind and low-vision youth
need exposure to positive blind role models who demonstrate a genuine
belief in them and in their natural abilities. If you are a
successful blind adult, here is a wonderful opportunity for you to
give back to the next generation and to help them achieve their full
potential.

We are actively recruiting successful independent blind or low-vision adults.
Go to
<https://nfb.org/mentorapplication>https://nfb.org/mentorapplication
and sign up to become a mentor.

Through guidance and example, you can help raise expectations and
teach blind youth the practical strategies of how to access resources
and to acquire skills for success.

Please circulate the attached recruitment forms to any potential
mentees or mentees you know.

Maurice Peret
Coordinator of Career Mentoring Programs
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2350| <mailto:MPeret at nfb.org>MPeret at nfb.org

<https://nfb.org/>
National Federation of the Blind

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>
Facebook
     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>
Twitter
     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>
Youtube

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

---
https://www.avg.com