[NFBN-Announce] FW: [Nomc] FW: Graduate Education at Louisiana Tech University

Jamie K. Richey jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 00:56:41 UTC 2023

I've been asked to pass along the following.

Hello,

I am reaching out to each of you to remind you that this academic year is
our last to have guaranteed funding from the Rehabilitation Services
Administration for those wishing to earn either a Master's degree or
certificate in rehabilitation teaching through Louisiana Tech University.
Classes start September 7 but there is still time to apply. We have several
options of graduate degrees, certificates, or we can help with information
regarding apprenticeships for those who may only have a high school diploma
or equivalent. I would urge you to talk to each of your staff members and
both former and current students to encourage them to take advantage of this
opportunity for professional development. As you know, there is still a
tremendous need for well-trained individuals in the field of rehabilitation
of the blind and we must look to our Structured Discovery centers to help
find and train highly-qualified professionals. I would be happy to answer
any questions that you, your staff, or your students may have regarding any
of our programs but please act quickly if financial support is a must to
participate in our programs

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC, Director,

Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness

College of Education and Human Sciences

Louisiana Tech University

600 Mayfield Ave / 210 Woodard Hall

PO Box 3158

Ruston LA 71272

Office: 318.257.4554                      Fax: 318.257.2259

ebell at latech.edu <mailto:ebell at latech.edu>    <http://www.pdrib.com/>
www.pdrib.com

"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of  Einstein's
brain than in the near certainty that people of equal  talent have lived and
died in cotton fields and sweatshops."

-- Stephen Jay Gould