[Nfbnet-members-list] Fwd: Support the Students: NABS Cafe 2012

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Feb 2 16:02:06 UTC 2012

Good morning,

Please find a flyer for the National Association of Blind Students'
exciting NABS Café fundraiser attached and pasted below. As you make
your plans for Washington Seminar, please consider coming out to enjoy
some great live music, bid on some of our excellent auction items, and
support the NFB's students.

If you have any questions, please contact Sean Whalen at 608 332-4147 or
smwhalenpsp at gmail.com <mailto:smwhalenpsp at gmail.com>

Look forward to seeing you on February 6!

Sean Whalen

President, National Association of Blind Students

*NABS Café***

When: Monday, February 6 from 8:00pm to midnight

Where: The Discovery II room of the Holiday Inn Capitol, 550 C Street
SW, Washington, DC

What: Live music; silent and live auction; cash bar, free snacks; and
the chance to meet and mingle with new friends and old, while supporting
the National Association of Blind students

How Much: $5 with advanced purchase and $7 at the door

Why: Because it's going to be Awesome!

The National Association of Blind Students would like to cordially
invite you to attend NABS Café 2012!

Drop in between 8:00 and 9:00 pm to place silent bids on an excellent
list of auction items (including: a pair of Disney Park Hopper passes, a
week in a luxury 6 bedroom vacation home on North Carolina's Outer
Banks, a SmartView video magnifier, a Victor Reader Stream, gift baskets
from Lush and Mary Kay, iPod accessories, chocolate, wine, and so much
more), and then stick around throughout the night as all-star auctioneer
Jacki Brown brings items live, while entertaining bidders and spectators
alike!

>From 9:00 to midnight items will be auctioned off between sets of live
music, performed by some of the NFB's most talented musicians, like
Parnell Diggs, Chris Danielson, Briley Pollard, Richie Flores, Sean
Whalen, and others.

And, of course, there will be a cash bar, as well as light snacks
available at no charge.

So, come on out, bring your friends, and make some new ones! All are
invited to support the important work of the NFB students.

To prepurchase tickets for $5, see any member of the NABS board on
Sunday February 5, or before the event on Monday, February 6. We'll be
all over the hotel, and making our presence known. You can also find us
at the NABS winter seminar in the foyer to Discovery II between 9:00am
and 1:00pm, or at our resource fair for blind students between 2:30 and
4:00 pm in the same location. If you wish to prepurchase, but are unable
to find a NABS board member, please call, text or email Sean Whalen at
608 332-4147 or smwhalenpsp at gmail.com <mailto:smwhalenpsp at gmail.com>. We
will get you hooked up! Tickets will also be available for $7 at the door.

We look forward to seeing you on Monday February 6!