[Nfbnet-members-list] Fwd: One-Minute-Video Project for Lyft and Uber denials

Raul Gallegos - NAGDU rgallegos at nagdu.org
Thu Mar 10 04:10:57 UTC 2022

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: One-Minute-Video Project for Lyft and Uber denials
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 20:15:17 -0600
From: Raul Gallegos - NAGDU <mailto:rgallegos at nagdu.org><rgallegos at nagdu.org>
<mailto:nfb-nagdu at nfbnet.org>nfb-nagdu at nfbnet.org,
NAGDU List <mailto:nagdu at nfbnet.org><nagdu at nfbnet.org>

Hello everyone, please share this wherever appropriate.

The National Association of Guide Dog Users
(NAGDU), a division of the National Federation of
the Blind (NFB), is collecting stories from
handlers who have been denied rides from Lyft and
Uber drivers in video form from October 1, 2021
through March 31, 2022. Our goal is to put these
videos together to present to the individual
rideshare companies to make them aware that blind
people with legitimate guide dogs and other
service animals are still getting denied by
drivers all over the country. You do not have to
be a member of the NFB or NAGDU to submit a
video. We ask that the videos are filmed after a
denial occurs, not during. Videos should be no
longer than one minute in length and should
describe who you are and the impact of the
denial. I.E. did you miss a doctor’s
appointment or were you late to pick up your
child from daycare? By submitting a video, you
are giving us permission to share your
information with Lyft and/or Uber. Please contact
the NAGDU board of directors at (346) 439-7444 or
<mailto:board at nagdu.org>board at nagdu.org if you
have any questions or to submit your video.

Read more here:
<https://www.nagdu.org/one-minute-rideshare-denial-videos/>https://www.nagdu.org/one-minute-rideshare-denial-videos/

Thank you.

--
Respectfully,
Raul A. Gallegos / President
346.439.7444 | <mailto:rgallegos at nagdu.org>RGallegos at nagdu.org
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/nagdu.org_7eopjofhnd4968m46rcmgrck0s%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics>Subscribe
to the NAGDU Public Events Calendar Here
<https://app.greminders.com/c/rgatechsolutions/nagdu/>Schedule
a 30-minute Zoom meeting with me here
<https://m.facebook.com/groups/nagdu>Join NAGDU
on Facebook | <https://twitter.com/nagdu>Follow NAGDU on Twitter
"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." -- Dr. Kenneth Jernigan