[Nfbnet-members-list] Mastodon Support List for Members and Friends

David Andrews dandrews920 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 18 21:44:01 UTC 2023

This list is sponsored by the National Federation of the Blind, NFB.

There has been turmoil, and a number of changes to Twitter in the
past six months or so. Because Twitter has done things to disrespect
its disabled users, the NFB has decided to put its emphasis into
Mastodon. We have established our own Mastodon server, nfb.social.
There are three accounts, on our server which you may wish to follow,
@nationsblind at nfb.social news at nfb.social and @president at nfb.social.

With increasing numbers of blind persons moving to Mastodon we know
that many of you will have questions. Consequently we are
establishing an Internet Mailing List to support you and Mastodon.
The list is <mailto:nfb-mastodon at nfbnet.org>nfb-mastodon at nfbnet.org.

The purpose of the list is to support Federationists and our blind
friends who may have questions about Mastodon and how to use it.
Topics for discussion and questions include, but are not limited to:
different Mastodon clients and their accessibility, how to sign up,
how to find and follow people, and hashtags and more. Come and join
us, and we will do our best to answer your questions and support you
as we all explore the Fediverse.

You can join either by sending email to
nfb-mastodon-subscribe at nfbnet.org and leave everything blank, or go to:

and fill out the form. You have five minutes before the form times out.

This list is moderated by David Andrews. If you have questions about
content, or have technical problems, please contact him at:

<mailto:David.andrews at nfbnet.org>David.andrews at nfbnet.org

Or @dandrews920 at tweesecake.social