[Nfbnet-members-list] STEM educators of blind and low-vision elementary to middle school students needed for paid research study during the NFB national convention

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Mon Jun 19 21:15:00 UTC 2023

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Hello!

We are researchers at Stanford University working on the development of interactive educational materials for teaching data and statistics to blind and low-vision students. Our goal is to provide a more engaging learning experience that helps students develop more flexible intuitions and understandings around data. We are organizing small 4-5 person focus groups during the upcoming NFB convention and are looking for educators who have experience teaching STEM-related concepts to blind and low-vision elementary to middle school students to participate. During the focus groups, we would like to learn from your expertise and co-design an audio-tactile learning interface with you.

Focus groups will last for 2 hours and will be scheduled at the convention on either the morning or afternoon of July 2nd. As a token of appreciation for your time, you will receive a $160 Amazon Gift Card. If you are interested in participating or learning more about this opportunity, please fill out our survey<https://stanforduniversity.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a5AygXI3Nh3ZFYO> or contact Danyang Fan (danfan17 at stanford.edu<mailto:danfan17 at stanford.edu>, 314-495-0190) with any questions you may have. We kindly request you to share this information with anyone who may be interested. Thank you!
Danyang Fan (he/him)
danfan17 at stanford.edu<mailto:danfan17 at stanford.edu>
314-495-0190

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
410-659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>

[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer