[Nfbnet-members-list] Congratulations to our 2024 scholarship class

National Federation of the Blind webmaster at nfb.org
Fri May 10 11:26:40 UTC 2024

[]

<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33964&qid=9813654>
National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life

Celebrate Outstanding Blind Students

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), the
transformative organization advancing the lives
of its members and all blind people in the United
States, today announced
the<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/view?id=3546&reset=1>
finalists for its annual scholarship program,
which provides financial assistance and connects
students with blind mentors and other resources.
The thirty scholarship finalists are listed below
in alphabetical order with their home states or
territories and vocational goals. Congratulations
to these outstanding finalists:
Lindsay Adair, Louisiana, Psychology/Social Work
Krystle Allen, New Jersey, Social Work
Cole Carper, Arkansas, Aerospace Engineering
J David Carrillo, Utah, Grief/Trauma Counseling
Hannah Clemenson, Montana, Journalism
Abey Finklea, Colorado, International Education
Madison Flores, Texas, Disability Rights Lawyer
Tom Geraci, Massachusetts, Communications and Social Media
Thelma González Santana, Puerto Rico, International Corporate Development
Benjamin Grelk, Nebraska, Software engineer
Rachel Elizabeth Grider, California, O&M Instructor
Amanda Juetten, Tennessee, Blindness Skills Professional
Thor Kargatis, District of Columbia, Urban Planning and Transportation
Miranda Lacy, West Virginia, Social Worker
Julia LaGrand, Michigan, Music Education
Miles Little, District of Columbia, Finance
Tamara Lundy, Louisiana, Health Care Administration
Enrique Mejia, Iowa, Special Education Teacher
Jose Andre, District of Columbia, Piano Teacher
Sam Morgan, Colorado, Meteorologist
Joshua Olukanni, Georgia, Organizational Development consultant
Natalie Rankin, Texas, Cyber Security
Casey Reyes, Utah, Public Relations
Muntaha Ruthba, Texas, International Blindness Advocacy
Dishon Spears, Colorado, Non-profit Business Management
Jonesti Steele, Mississippi, Rehabilitation counselor
Maranda Ulvestad, Arizona, Elementary school teacher
Colin Wong, Washington, Professor and Researcher
Lynn Wu, California, Non-Profit Technology
Henry Young, New Jersey, Park Ranger

“The scholarship program is one example of how
the organized blind movement builds a community
of leaders,” said Mark A. Riccobono, President of
the National Federation of the Blind. “These
finalists represent a broad range of interests
and career goals, including several STEAM fields,
media and communications, education, and much more."

"We are proud to honor these blind scholars, each
of whom are raising expectations and expanding
possibilities. The accomplishments of these
outstanding students are proof that the blind can
achieve excellence and live the lives we want,
and we will celebrate them as a community at our
national convention.” For more information about
the National Federation of the Blind scholarship
program, visit
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33965&qid=9813654>https://nfb.org/scholarships.

<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33966&qid=9813654>
Facebook Logo