[Nfbnet-students-list] Reminder: Learn About the Benefits of Volunteering on Tonight's NABS Membership Call

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 18:26:57 UTC 2016

Hey Students:

We all know that volunteering is a noble and rewarding activity. We also
know that our campuses offer numerous opportunities to serve both our fellow
students and the communities around us. But between academics,
extracurriculars and social lives, many of us can't imagine fitting anything
else in. So, with so many options to choose from, why should you choose
volunteering? What's in it for you?

That's the question we'll answer on tonight's membership call, jointly
presented by NABS and our friends in the NFB Community Service Division.
You'll hear from students who are actively serving as well as former student
volunteers, who will tell you about how volunteering has enabled them to do
everything from gaining work experience to furthering their educational
goals to changing attitudes about blindness on their campuses. There will
also be ample time for you to ask any questions or share any concerns you
might have about volunteering as a blind student. This promises to be an
empowering and imformative call which you will not want to miss. So, join
the conversation tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern by calling (605) 475-6700. When
prompted, enter access code 7869673 followed by the pound key. We look
forward to talking with you tonight about how serving others can serve you!

Best,

Chris Nusbaum, Co-Chair

NABS Membership Committee

Board Member, National Association of Blind Students