[Nfbnet-students-list] College freshmen: You could go back to school with Aira

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Tue Aug 8 00:40:08 UTC 2017

Dear Students:

The National Federation of the Blind is committed
to exploring how technology helps blind students
live the lives they want. Exciting new
technologies are fundamentally altering the ways
in which students succeed in and out of the
classroom. If you're an incoming college
freshman, you could have the chance to try out a
new technology from Aira that may help you as you
start this important chapter of your life.

The National Federation of the Blind is
partnering with <https://aira.io/>Aira, a company
that uses smart glass technology, live agents,
and artificial intelligence to assist blind
people in understanding and navigating their
environment. You might use it to help you explore
your college campus and new community, for example.

Through a partnership with Aira's Back to School
Program, selected blind college freshmen can
receive a free nine-month subscription to four
hundred minutes of Aira services, as well as
onboard training, data, and the wearable glasses.

In order to apply for this opportunity:

·        You must be legally blind

·        You must be beginning college as a first
year student in the fall of 2017

To be considered for one of these subscriptions,
please complete this
<https://aira.io/students>short application online by Tuesday, August 15, 2017.

The National Federation of the Blind is dedicated
to helping all blind people, including blind
students, live the lives they want. An equal
education is critical to success, and students
play a key role in creating a bright future for
blind Americans. We are happy to partner with
Aira in this exciting opportunity.

Good luck, and all our best for the new school year!

Sincerely,

The National Federation of the Blind Communications team

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2330 | cdanielsen at nfb.org
Twitter: @rlawyer

<https://nfb.org/>
National Federation of the Blind

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>
Facebook
     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>
Twitter
     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>
Youtube

The National Federation of the Blind is a
community of members and friends who believe in
the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every
day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.