NFBNJ-Seniors] partial sight

Dave Hutchins sonofasailor5965 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 04:45:49 UTC 2017

Hi,
I have the same problem sometimes when I go home to visit family, my mother seems to think she knows all about my vision, but then she likes to keep testing me by sending my sister outside at night when I am coming home from wherever to see if I can see her standing at the corner of the house then she likes to nail me by saying “you didn’t see your sister walking along side you did you?”, I say I never said I could see her then I really like when my sister will wave her hand in front of my face thinking I don’t see it, there is such a thing called facial vision, even if I can not always see something I can feel it, then I mother keeps asking the same questions over and over how much can I see, I tell you know all about it no point in telling you you know, she has never understood how I see and there is no way of ever getting either of them to a national convention, they couldn’t handle the crowd and my mother would probably try and help people who might not need any help at all, lots of people think they are helping us but they are not, the idea is great and I always appreciate any efforts of sighted people offering to help and try to explain the proper way of helping blind folks in a positive way, but we still need more education to let the general public know really how to help us.  Dave Hutchins