NFBNJ-Seniors] my very own Thanksgiving poem

Jane Degenshein jdegen16 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 22 12:58:21 UTC 2018

thanks for this one Nancy

-----Original Message-----
From: nancy Lynn via NFBNJ-Seniors
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2018 7:41 AM
To: nfbmo list ; NFBC List ; Seniors
Cc: nancy Lynn
Subject: NFBNJ-Seniors] my very own Thanksgiving poem

My Very Own Thanksgiving Poem
by Nancy Lynn
To all of my friends both near and far,
To all of my loved ones. You know who you are,
Be grateful for all of that stuffing and turkey,
For some people, we know, will just have beef  jerky.
So eat all of those cranberries, potatoes and pies,
>From your mouth to your stomach, to your waist and your thighs.
And then when you're finished, go watch some football.
Now dash away, dash away, dash away all.
To living room, parlor, playroom or den
Then back to the kitchen for leftovers again.
When you've eaten it all and there's just nothing left,
Stand up and salute, and give thanks to the chef.
I'm grateful for sky, for grass and for trees.
It's good that, at my age, I still have my own knees.
My bones, they do ache, and my body is flabby,
But my life is still better than the ones in Dear Abby.

I'm grateful for friends, and the ones that I love
For I know with no doubt they were sent from above.

Whenever you finish your Thanksgiving plate,
Give lots of praise. Tell the chef it was great.