[NFBNJ] DHS Clipping - Student entertains at Lions District Sight Meeting

Christy Lynch grizzycat119 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 20:12:26 UTC 2016

On 11/30/16, joe ruffalo via NFBNJ <nfbnj at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Greetings to all!
> Bryan is a member in the NFBNJ’s South Jersey Shore Chapter and recently
> joined the New Jersey Association of Blind Students.
> Super thanks to MAVIS and the Lions that support this productive program.
>
> Congratulations Bryan as you continue to place pieces into your personal
> puzzle!
> Working together to make a difference!
>
> We care. We share. We grow. We make a difference
> Joe Ruffalo, President
> National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey
> 973 743 0075
> nfbnj1 at verizon.net
> www.nfbnj1 at verizon.net Your old car keys can be keys to literacy for the
> blind.
> Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking
> www.carshelpingtheblind.org
> or call 855 659 9314
>

> **
>
> From: Pamela.Gaston at dhs.s at Lions District Sight Meeting
>
> Student entertains at Lions District Sight Meeting
>

> Pictured, left to right, 1st Vice District Governor Clarence Brown; Bryan
> Woolbert, Sight Chairperson Min Elders, and District Governor Bob .
> (Submitted photo)
>
> .com
>
> By Community Bulletin on November 23, 2016 at 2:29 PM
>
> Approximately 60 District 16L Lions gathered on Nov. 14, for a District
> Sight Meeting, facilitated by District Sight Chair, Min Elders of the Cherry
> Hill Pennsauken-Korean Lions Club.
>
> After the opening formalities were observed, the evening's special, Bryan
> Woolbert, stepped up to his electronic keyboard and played delightful music
> while the attendees enjoyed their dinners. After dinner, 18-year-old Bryan
> returned to his keyboard and wowed the audience with several more songs. At
> the request of District 16L Gov. Bob Freidel, Bryan played "Proud to Be An
> American" as the audience stood and enthusiastically joined him in singing
> it.
>
> Bryan, a Somers Point High School senior, not only played the keyboard
> wonderfully, but he demonstrated outstanding singing skills. This talented
> young man also writes music, and shared one of his own compositions with the
> appreciative Lions.
>
> He also shared his story. This gifted young musician has been visually
> impaired since birth with a rare eye disorder. He began playing an organ at
> home at the age of 7 and has continued learning under the guidance of MAVIS,
> Music Association for the Visually Impaired Students (of New Jersey). MAVIS,
> an approved NJ Lions State Project, is a non-profit organization that has
> helped provide free musical instruments and subsidized music lessons for the
> vision-impaired community of New Jersey.  The only eligibility requirement
> to receive MAVIS services is to be classified as legally blind in accordance
> with standards set by the Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired.

> [...]
This is so wonderful!  Bryan, I am so proud of you and your talent!
You are living the life you want.  I'm a Lion in Philadelphia, and I'm
proud that our New Jersey Lions are showcasing our young musicians.
You have so much to give.  Keep up the good work, and good luck with
college.  From a very happy voice teacher.

--
Have a blessed day!

     Kind Regards:

     Christy M. Lynch