[NFBNJ] Wallgreens and the VA Provide Free Flu Vaccinations For Veterans

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 1 11:43:22 UTC 2016

Greetings to all!
Please review and share with others.
See below.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Received from  Dwight Sayer, President, National Association Of Blind
Veterans, a proud division of the National Federation of the Blind.

Subject: VA and Walgreens Team Up to Provide Flu Vaccinations to Veterans

Walgreens flu shot banner

The cold and flu season is upon us and the Department of Veterans Affairs
has once again teamed up with Walgreens Pharmacies nationwide to allow all
veterans who are currently enrolled in the VA healthcare system to be able
walk into any of the over 8000 Walgreens nationally (and the Duane Reade
pharmacies in the New York metropolitan area) to receive a vaccination at no
cost.  Vaccinations will be available through March 31, 2017.

Veterans wishing to receive the no cost vaccination simply need to present a
Veterans Identification Card and a photo ID, at any participating Walgreens
to receive the vaccination.

In addition, after the Walgreens pharmacist administers the vaccine
Walgreens will transmit that information securely to VA where it becomes
part of the patient’s electronic medical record.

VA is committed to keeping Veteran patients healthy, and during this flu
season, vaccination is the best way to prevent the spread of flu.  No matter
where you live, visit your local VA clinic or Walgreens to get a free flu
shot.

To find your local VA, visit va.gov/directory/guide/home.asp.
To locate a Walgreens store near you, call 800-WALGREENs (800-925-4733), or
go to com/findastore.
To learn more about the partnership, call 1-877-771-8537 or visit
ehealth.va.gov/Immunization.asp.
To get more information on flu and flu vaccine, visit
publichealth.va.gov/flu or www.cdc.gov/flu.

Connect With Us
  Facebook Twitter YouTube VAntage Point Blog Visit us on the web
Subscription Preferences
US Department of Veterans Affairs