[NFBNJ] Important Urgent October 20 - Google CCVIP "Tech Demo & Career Mentoring Day" at Google building in New York City

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 16 23:22:10 UTC 2016

    Greetings to all!
Just received from Philip So and we are sorry for the short notice however,
please share with others and consider attending.
Don't delay, don't hesitate!

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Subject: October 20 - Google CCVIP "Tech Demo & Career Mentoring Day" at
Google building in New York City

Hi Joe,

Would you please kindly forward this Google CCVIP event announcement
to NFB NJ's lists?
The event is titled "Tech Demo & Career Mentoring Day" and is going to
be held on October 20 at Google building in New York City. Application
deadline is October 17 Monday 9PM.

Thanks Joe.

Best,
Phil

---

We are excited to announce that in support of New York Vision Week, on
October 20 Google and City University of New York Baruch College
Computer Center for Visually Impaired People (CCVIP) will jointly
organize an event at Google building in New York City titled "Tech
Demo and Career Mentoring Day".

Please note that online application deadline is October 17 9PM. Please
visit www.visionweek.org to fill out online form.

At this one-of-a-kind event you will:
- Listen to welcome remarks, presentations by Google staff and speech
by CCVIP Director Dr. Karen Gourgey
- Get a demo of the latest accessible features in Chrome, Google Docs
and Google's screen reader ChromeVox to enhance your productivity in
school and at work
- Receive career advice from Google employees including blind and low
vision employees
- Get an exclusive look inside Google's famously unique office that
features various themes from jungle and caves to Legos and play room
- Walk through a historic tour of computers from the 1950s to this decade
- Lunch at Google's famous all-you-can-eat cafe with more choices than
you can possibly imagine

Event Details: