[NFBNJ] Tenth Anniversary ACVO/Stokes National Free Eye Exam For Service Animals

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 1 18:50:34 UTC 2017

Greetings to all!
I  have received the following from Les Cameron and found the info worthy to
forward.
Please share with others that could benefit from the material offered below.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

****
10th Anniversary ACVO/StokesRx National Service Animal Eye Exam

ACVO & Stokes Pharmacy are again pleased to announce that ACVO boarded
ophthalmologists are offering complimentary screening eye examinations to
qualified Service and Working Animals, throughout the US, Canada and Puerto
Rico. Registration is now open and closes on April 30th.

*Please note: We wanted to keep the registration opening consistent from
year to year, which means registration opens on Saturday this year. There
will be no one in the ACVO office until Monday to answer calls and clinics
may have limited resources and may not be able to get back to you right
away. Please be patient and expect a response early next week.

Check qualifications & register

LEARN ABOUT THIS GREAT PROGRAM!
The ACVO/StokesRx National Service Animal Eye Exam event is a philanthropic
effort generously provided to the public by participating board certified
Diplomates of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists who donate
their time, staff and services to provide complimentary screening eye exams
to qualified Service Animals.

This program would not be successful without the generosity of our
Diplomates and the financial support of our namesake sponsor, Stokes
Pharmacy, and other valuable sponsors.

Over 52,000 qualified Service Animals have received these free screening
exams over the past nine years. Please participate and support our
ophthalmologists and sponsors to ensure this program continues for future
years to come. Read full press release here.

- Stacee Daniel, ACVO Executive Director

ANIMAL QUALIFICATIONS
The Service Animal Eye Exam event will provide a free screening eye exam to
Service Animal groups including: All animals formally trained, certified,
currently working service animals or formally trained therapy animals with
active registration. Those currently enrolled in a formal service animal
training program may qualify but is based upon clinic availability. A
completed registration form and confirmation number alone does not
constitute qualification for the program. Please note that clinics may have
limited availability.Training/certification paperwork for the animal must be
provided to the clinic at the time of the exam, in addition to the
registration number generated by the online registration. Read all
qualifications.

LOCATE A BOARDED OPHTHALMOLOGIST NEAR YOU
This pre-registration list is being provided to help you learn if a doctor
is participating in your area. Specific clinic names and contact information
is not included here yet but will be provided after you register for the
event, beginning April 1st.

INVITE A LOCAL SERVICE ANIMAL GROUP
We invite you to forward this invitation to your local police, fire,
military and private non-profit groups to invite their Service Animals to
participate.