[NFBNJ] Please Provide As An Agenda Item Capitol Chapter Fundraiser Promotion

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 27 11:57:35 UTC 2017

Greetings to all!
It is the policy of the NFBNJ to share, promote and distribute fundraiser
programs sponsored by the affiliate, chapters and or divisions.
Pasted below is information featuring the Capitol Chapter's fundraiser
opportunity.
Please share with others.
Promotion is the key!

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

***

Sunday Afternoon at the Ballpark
As our policy to support the chapters/divisions of the NFBNJ, please read
and share the following fundraiser opportunity to support the Capital
Chapter.

Are you looking forward to the summer? Would you like to share one day
during this season of nice weather with friends and family and people you
may not have seen for a long time? Do you like live baseball?

If you can answer yes to any of these questions, you may be interested in
attending a Trenton Thunder baseball game, the Double A affiliate of the New
York Yankees, on Sunday, June 11. The first pitch is scheduled for 1:00 pm,
however prior to the first pitch, pre-game ceremonies will honor NFBNJ
Capitol Chapter member, Don Wardlow. He broadcasted baseball, football and
basketball on WGLS, the college radio station at Rowan University in
Glassboro. From 1991-2002 Don became the first blind radio broadcaster in
pro baseball. There is now a second who may not have been hired without the
work Don did earlier on. Finally Don has written a baseball blog and is
working on his autobiography, targeting blind readers and hoping they enjoy
his story.

Don will throw out the first pitch. In addition, all members of the NFBNJ
will have the opportunity to line up on the first base line to cheer Don as
he delivers the ceremonial first pitch. Upon completion of the game, all
children under 12, will run the bases.

The Capitol Chapter is sponsoring this event. Tickets are $11.00 per person.

The action on the field should be interesting. In addition to seeing the
game, you can buy souvenirs at the Thunder Store, eat good food, including
chicken and roast beef sandwiches for those of us who are watching their
weight and have a good time.

The stadium is located at Arm and Hammer Park and the address is 1 Thunder
Road, Trenton, New Jersey. The location is Access Link-accessible and the
cross street is Lamberton Street.

Please note that we will not be receiving the tickets until May 22, However,
we are taking orders and payment for tickets now. If you have any questions
about the procedures which must be followed, please contact Mary Jo Partyka
at 609-888-5459 or by email at choirnfb at gmail.com. Please send all ticket
orders and money to John Lipton whose address is 2 Forman Drive, Hamilton
Township, NJ 08690. Make checks payable to NFBNJ Capital Chapter and put the
word “baseball” in the memo field of the check. Since the tickets will be
mailed back to you, please include your address and the names of the people
in your party who will be attending. Tickets will not be sent if payment is
not received.

I hope you will consider joining us on June 11.

For Your Information to anybody going to the June 11 game:
The Trenton Thunder are now on a real honest-to-John radio station,, AM920
the Jersey.
Until yesterday they were only on 91.3FM, WTSR from College of New Jersey
that you couldn’t count on getting at the park.
AM920 especially in the daytime has a strong signal we should all be able to
pick up.

****