[NFBNJ] Establishment of the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Sports & Recreational links on NFBNJ.org

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Wed May 3 00:43:36 UTC 2017

Greetings to all!
I  have received a request for distribution from Linda Melendez, Chair of the Sports and Recreation committee.
Please share the two links with others as the Sports and Recreation Committee have established  two pages, events and photographs,  for all to enjoy.

I know of members that skydive, rock climb, enjoy white water rafting, golf, bowl, square dance, ballroom dancing, etc.

Linda has provided the information after my signature block.

Let’s get moving!

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

****
Great news!

The Sports & Recreation Committee has established two new pages on the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey website “http://www.nfbnj.org/”.  They are the last two links on the main menu before Joseph Ruffalo's contact information.  I have added both links at the end of this email after the line of ****.

The first page is dedicated to inform everyone of upcoming National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Sports & Recreational Committee activities. The second page is dedicated for photos and videos of National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Sports & Recreational  Committee activities.

Please feel free to submit any activities and/or photos to me directly for review and consideration to be posted on National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Sports & Recreational Committee pages.  When submitting actives please give all details such as date, time, place, type of event, contact person for this event, key points as well as the link if available for the event. All photos submitted must have a detailed description of the picture and all videos must clearly state what is happening in the video.   In addition, all pictures and videos must have the names of everyone in the picture/video, your affiliation with the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey and a brief written description.

I would like to acknowledge and give a special thank you to Brian Mackey for doing an outstanding job on creating the Sports & Recreational pages.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you,
Linda Melendez
Chair Sports and Recreation Committee
732 421 7063
lindamelendez220 at gmail.com

The sky is the limit and you are stronger than you think you are.  Let’s come out of our comfort zone and become participants in our lives.  Let’s do the sports and recreational activities we desire.  I am looking forward to a new beginning of raising expectations and living the lives we want.  We Got This!

****

Sports & Recreational Activities

www.nfbnj.org/sports-and-recreational-activities

Sports & Recreational Photos