[NFBNJ] Transition resignation Letter

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 16 20:48:39 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
It is with great sorrow that I provide the following transition resignation
letter from Daniel Frye.
Dan, on behalf of the members in the National Federation of the Blind of New
jersey, the consumers that have and are receiving training with blindness
skills to raise their expectations to live the life we want and to transform
our dreams into reality, we want to wish you good fortune with your future
endeavors.

Your intelligence, leadership and a positive attitude to change what it
means to be blind will remain with us and we will share your skills with
others.
Your next employer will benefit with your love to raise expectations!

Thanks for all you have done, are doing and will continue to do to change
what it means to be blind!

With Much Respect!
nfbnj1 at verizon.net
www.nfbnj.org
Live The Life You Want!

***

>From Office of the Executive Director:

Colleagues and Friends:
With the transition of the Murphy administration, I have been asked for, and
have given, my resignation as Executive Director of New Jersey Commission
for the Blind and Visually Impaired, effective today at noon.   During my
four-year tenure, it has been a personal and professional privilege to work
collaboratively with our staff, stakeholders, and partners.   We have
achieved substantial programmatic improvements for blind, deaf-blind, and
vision-impaired residents of the state.   Some of these have included:

*         The establishing of the Student Hands-On Alternatives
Reinforcement Program (SHARP) for the benefits of students grades 1 - 8;

*         The creation of Employment, Development, Guidance, and Engagement
(EDGE), addressing the pre-employment transition needs of our high school
students;

*         The redesign and strengthening of our Blindness Education
department, with the adoption of new rules that facilitate best practices
and compliance with all Federal and State laws;

*         The creation of a Business Relations Unit that honors the mandate
to serve employers as secondary customers of our agency under the provision
of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (WIOA);

*         The expansion and strengthening of our Business Enterprises New
Jersey program to include exercising our priority on private property...a
pioneering addition to this historically strong program;

*         The monthly circulation of the Commission Edition which has served
to keep our staff and partners aware of the multiple programs of our agency;
and

*         Completion of most of the objectives outlined in the strategic
plan adopted in concert with all parties soon after I arrived.
As the agency moves forward, please know I am confident that I leave the
Commission with a strong and vibrant foundation of professional staff who
will continue our mission.  Presently, I have no information about who will
succeed me in this role, but details will be circulated as soon as they are
known.   In the meanwhile, thank you for your dedicated service, and know
that I leave you proud of what we have accomplished together.

With kind regards,

Daniel B. Frye, JD