[NFBNJ] Executive Director CBVI post

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 1 02:16:54 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
Please read and share the following information pertaining to a search for
an Executive Director for the NJ CBVI.
Thanks for your continued support.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

***

New Jersey Department of Human Services

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired

The Executive Director, as the chief administrative officer, assumes a
position of leadership in directing and managing the overall goals and
programs of the Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired.  The
Commission promotes and provides services in the areas of education,
employment, independence and eye health.  It provides specialized services
to persons with vision problems; educates and works in the community to
reduce the incidence of vision loss; and works to improve attitudes
concerning people with vision loss.

Job Description:  The position reports to the Commissioner or other senior
official in the Department of Human Services and is responsible for
supervising the Division’s daily program management and administration as
well as providing operational and policy direction.   The Executive Director
is responsible toprovide or ensure access to services that will enable
consumers to obtain their fullest measure of self-reliance and quality of
life and fully integrate into their community. The Commission recognizes
three major priorities, they are: 1) providing specialized services to
persons with vision problems in the areas of vocational rehabilitation,
education and independent living; 2) educating and working in the community
to reduce the incidence of vision loss, and; 3) advocating to businesses and
local communities for educational and employment opportunities on behalf of
New Jersey residents who are blind or visually impaired.

Qualifications:  This position requires a Bachelor’s degree supplemented by
a Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Business Administration,
Public Administration, Social Work, Education, Special Education or related
field and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience with programs for the
Blind and Visually Impaired, including five (5) years of supervisory
experience in organization, administration, and fiscal management.

Residency Law:  The New Jersey First Act requires that public employees
reside in New Jersey, unless exempted under the law or currently a NJ State
government employee.  If not a NJ resident, relocation must take place
within one year after employment.  Please refer to the New Jersey First Act.

Salary is commensurate with education and experience.

Qualified applicants should send a resume and a contact list of three (3)
professional references, by March 23, 2018 to the attention of:

Bonny E. Fraser
Assistant Commissioner
222 South Warren Street
PO Box 700