[NFBNJ] Immediate urgent Legislative update and call to action

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 21 14:00:27 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
I have received from Ryan Stevens, Legislative Director, NFBNJ.

Congress departs Washington on Friday, March 23 and return back to
Washington April 9 and therefore, we need all to review and act to the
information provided by Ryan.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Joe,

Below is my draft of the email I wish to send out to our members. Plese
review and make any necessary changes.

Thanks and take care,
  Ryan

Greetings, NFBNJ members,

        As I have written previously, we have been contacting
Senators Corey Booker and Robert Menendez concerning two issues. Here is the
latest update on those issues and what we need to do next.

The first item is opposition to HR620, the ADA Education and Reform Act. A
formal letter of opposition was drafted by Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, and
both of our Senators have signed this letter. We should call their
Washington offices to thank them.

The other piece of legislation is the Marrakesh Treaty Impementation Act. It
has been introduced and has the bill number S2559. Senator Menendez is an
originating cosponsor, so please thank him for that as well. However, we
also need to encourage Senator Booker to sign onto the bill. The Senate
adjourns on Friday, so I am asking that we contact him either today or
tomorrow at his Washington office.

The phone number for Senator Booker is (202) 224-3224, and for Senator
Menendez is (202) 224-4744.
Please make our voices heard on these vital issues.
Thank you for your attention to them.

Take care,

Ryan Stevens
Legislative Director