[NFBNJ] Time Sensitive OrCam

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 13 03:05:34 UTC 2018

Forwarded to Dwight Sayer, President, National Association of Blind
Veterans, a proud division of the National Federation of the Blind.

Greetings to all!
This is time sensitive and therefore, read, share and don’t delay.
The information is located after my signature block.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

OrCam video on Dr. Phil show:

Scotty was deployed to Iraq in October 2004. Six months later, he was the
victim of a suicide bomb attack that left him totally blind and struggling
emotionally.

"Depression is something I fell deep into," says Scotty who credits his
wife, Tiffany, with giving him the strength to forge ahead.

Today, Scotty and Tiffany have three young sons. And, thanks to an
incredible assistive technology device from the innovators at OrCam
<https://explore.orcam.com/en/specialoffer/?utm_source=DrPhil&utm_medium=Phi
l_Links&utm_campaign=Website> , Scotty is now able to read to his boys,
recognize their faces, and more.

"It has been life-changing for me," says Scotty who demonstrates the device
in the video above.

"The device is called OrCam MyEye, and it's the world's most advanced
wearable artificial vision device," says Dr. Bryan Wolynski, a Low Vision
Optometrist and consultant with OrCam. "It's as small as your finger, and it
attaches to almost any pair of eyeglasses."
Designed for blind people, people with low vision, visual impairment, and
the legally blind, the OrCam MyEye instantly reads any text that is in front
of the device including newspapers, books, menus, signs, product labels and
electronic screens.

OrCam MyEye is fully funded through the Department of Veteran Affairs Eye
Clinics and is free to qualifying veterans. Find additional programs and
resources by visiting the <http://www.bva.org/BVA>  Blinded Veterans
Association.

For vets who may not qualify for a free MyEye device or anyone who is
interested in purchasing one, especially if you are visually impaired or
have difficulty reading, OrCam has a limited time special offer for viewers
of  <https://www.drphil.com/> Dr. Phil.

October 8 through October 15, 2018, save $400 by visiting
<https://explore.orcam.com/en/specialoffer/?utm_source=DrPhil&utm_medium=Phi
l_Links&utm_campaign=Website>  OrCam.com and entering the code DrPhil.

*Offer ends Monday October 15 2018 at 11:59 pm [PST]