[NFBNJ] NFBNJ: State Convention In House Lunch Menu and Reminder Items Of Interest

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 30 23:38:13 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
If you are attending the state convention, I have provided an in house lunch
menu for your review and consideration.
If you are not attending the state convention, remember, we will be
streaming on Saturday, November 3.
Procedure and times are provided below.
For those with Facebook, please review the information below and post, post
and post!
Please review information highlighting the following:
streaming and facebook, donations of food and personal items for a local
food pantry, in-house lunch menus, and information featuring AIRA,
navigating the hotel.

donation of food and personal items

For the full agenda, please visit the state website at www.nfbnj.org
Countdown to state convention!
Warmly

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

****

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

We will be recording and streaming the Convention on our YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKEDbjGsCYHMlwd4gqpBPjg. We will also post

Convention videos and updates to our Facebook page, NFBNJ, or use link

https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238/. Click the like button, then

scroll down the page to see the latest postings. Broadcast times: Saturday,

Nov. 3, General Session—8:45 am–12 pm & 1:50–5:00 pm; Banquet—8:00

pm-Conclusion.

Food Pantry Donations: Please drop off your items at the Registration area.

Donations of white canes, all types.

Please drop off at the pre registration table on Friday.

On Saturday, bring to the door prize table, Veronica Gaspa, coordinator

Boxed Lunches -To be Sold Outside of Crystal Room

Box 1:   Garden Salad, Chips, Cookie & Beverage

Box 2: Turkey & Cheese Sandwich, Chips, Cookie & Beverage

Box 3: Tuna Sandwich, Chips, Cookie & Beverage

Box 4: Veggie Wrap, Chips, Cookie & Beverage

 Assorted Soft Drink or Bottled on Ice

$15.00 per Person

OLIO LOUNGE:

 Lunch Buffet -

  Soup Du Jour

Field Greens served with Cucumber, Red Onion and Grape Tomatoes

 Bowtie Pasta Salad

Deli Platter of Meats & Cheese:

Honey Baked Ham,  Griggstown Turkey, Slow Roasted Roast Beef. American,
Swiss

Deli Garnishes:

Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Mayo, Mustard, Horseradish, Dijon, & Brooklyn
Pickles

Assorted Breads & Rolls

Chips

 Cookies

Chef's Choice of Hot Pasta

$15.00 per Person

Hotel Navigation: Free Aira navigation for the convention! Aira connects

blind individuals via live video to a trained agent through a mobile app or

wearable glasses to get real-time visual information or assistance. The

National Federation of the Blind has partnered with Aira to provide Aira

Site Access to NFB members free of charge during the convention. NFB

members interested in Aira receive the exclusive opportunity to test-drive

Aira in a convention setting. Those already subscribed will not have

minutes deducted from their plans.

For those new to Aira: Before or at convention, download the free Aira app

from the App Store, and create a guest account. Make sure your phone GPS

feature is enabled. When you enter the convention Site Access location,

your phone will receive a notification letting you know that the space you

are in is part of the Aira Network. When you connect, the agent will

confirm that you are now covered by the network, and for Aira subscribers,

that no minutes will be deducted from your account. When you leave or enter

convention areas that are covered by the Site Access network, you will be

informed by the Aira agent. To learn more about Aira and the special plan

available exclusively to NFB members, visit go.aira.io/NFB.